Thursday, September 24, 2015

Divorce

Moving from house to house is never easy.
With new moms or dads you'd be better off not knowing.
Packing and re-packing bags. 
At a point I thought just to leave my stuff in a bag because we won't be there long
They say "A house isn't a home until you make it." But how can I do that when I barely have time to breathe.?
When I barely know the stranger that sleeps in the room next to me? 

My mind keeps wandering back to the house that I grew up in
The house where I learned how to ride a bike, where I lost my first and last tooth
Where I had my first sleepover, held hands with a boy for the first time
When I found out that Santa Clause wasn't real, but the magic of Christmas still was
Where we brought home then later put down our first dog
But most importantly when my family was still a "family"
The house that literally built every part of me, was taken away from us, from me
Now that that's all gone I feel like part of me has gone with it


They say divorce gets easier with time, but they lied.
You just get more used to the fact that nothing will ever be the same again.
That's when i realized.. It's not the house we hang on to, it was the people inside it. 

Song: House that built me, Miranda Lambert

9 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You just get more used to the fact that nothing will ever be the same again. Thats when i realized.. Its not the house we hang on to, it was the people inside it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it. Great post.

    I was reminded of this song by Miranda lambert while reading and I was going to mention it to you in the comments so kudos to you. (Is that a thing?)

    Anyway, such a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. what an ending. really incredible

    ReplyDelete
  5. so real and raw, this was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your writing is amazing! this post made my quote of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatcho talking bout Santas not real?

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY POOP THIS POST IS UNREAL.
    there's so many good lines that I'd have to quote the whole post to get them all, and honestly there's so much emotion and it's so real.
    I love this, you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete